Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Breakfast Suasage!!!

Hot damn I found it! Actual breakfast sausage! I have been searching for this for the past 6 months. Breakfast sausage in the US is ground (minced) pork seasoned with sage and other spices. It is usually formed into patties and fried and served with breakfast but it has many, many uses. In Dubai most of the grocery stores and smaller grocery marts have a seperate room where pork items are sold. While we usually shop at out regular Spinney's location we have been to many stores and smaller marts seeking items we cannot find at our Spinney's. One of those items is breakfast sausage. Every time we go I diligently look for this elusive item but to no avail. Jimmy teases me for being so persistent. But today I am victorious! At our own little Chorthrams, that I walk to several times a week, I dutifully went to pork room even though I wasn't shopping for pork. And there it was! It is a very good American brand so I know it will be yummy. I can't wait to make biscuits and sausage gravy for my sweetie in the morning! Just had to share this moment with my readers. Great day in Dubai!! Oh, I also went downtown to get my National ID card this morning. They take fingerprints using a scanner so no messy ink and also take your picture. Everyone told me to be prepared for long wait and even the web site says it could take up an hour and a half. But I was in and out in less than half hour. I really am on a roll today!  Sure wish they had the lottery here- I'm feeling very lucky today! Hope all my readers and friends and family are doing well, too. Love you all!

M&J

No comments:

Post a Comment