Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Family Visit Part 1 Miscellanious Pics and Penquins!

Hello all!

Sorry to be away so long but my family came to Dubai for a visit and all of my attention has been devoted to them. The good news is I have lots to post- so much that I will have to break it down into several posts! We went places and saw things that Jimmy and I had not done yet- I had over 1100 pics to sort through and organize of all the events and places we shared. The girls kept us going morning to night every day and mom hung in there like a champ.

First I have some miscellanious pics to share-

Tara and Dara in the our apartment.

Me reading a book amongst the girls debri. The girls had to camp out in the den and they did a good job of containing their gear but there is just so much they could do while living out of suitcases for a week. I've never enjoyed a mess so much in my life!

We got Ashley a deluxe inflatable matress since she had to camp out in the den for 3 weeks. The other girls could only stay one week so they had to sofa surf.

Ashley and Dara!

Ashley and Dara loving Dubai!

My momma and my sweet Jimmy. God bless that man living with 5 females (3 generations!) in a 2 bedroom apartment for 3 weeks!

That smile says it all!

We all went to dinner one evening at our favorite mexican restaurant El Chico. Bud and Carol,our best buds here in Dubai, are on the far left and our most favorite waiter and all around great guy, Ramel, is standing at the very end. I think Tara has Carol interested in Geocaching! We had a great time.

So much food!

Jimmy and Tara making double denim fashion statements.

The front door to our apartment- newspaper on the welcome mat.

The girls thought is was funny that Hardees will deliver to your door in Dubai.

Tara and Dara in the Arabian Gulf! The water is still pretty cold but they had to be able to say they were in the gulf. Ashley got in as well and bested her sisters by going all the way under water. I stayed on the beach in the warm sunshine!


The first day everyone was still pretty tired from the long trip so we made it a short day- if you can call going to the Mall of The Emirates a short day! Ski Dubai is in The MOTE and they are featuring live penquins you can interact with. So 3 girls from Alabama flew to the desert and got to see penquins!


Entrance to Ski Dubai

Hot babe ready for the arctic penquin climate!

Getting geared up is hard work!

Ready!!

You weren't allowed to bring a camera in with you so you would buy the pics they took of your penquin encounter. It worked- I bought pics of each girl with a penquin and a group shot. My babies, happy and smiling- melts my heart!

Next I will share day 2 of the Alabama invasion of Dubai!! Shout out to Aunt Amy and Aunt Pam. Thanks so much Pam for taking care of moms pets so she could stay longer with me. Mom really, REALLY loved Dubai. I had my doubts that she would actually go back to Bama! Shout out to Carol- thanks so much for being a follower of my blog- you're a cool chic.

Quick note- we thought we lost Gotcha'! We went to feed him the day before yesterday and his shell was EMPTY! We couldn't find him and thought maybe a bird got him (??!) but the crabatat was in tact and there was no signs of anything being disturbed like the sand being all moved around. I cried and Jimmy decided to wait a day or two before he cleaned out the crabatat and put it away. I came home the following afternoon and went to pray for Gotcha' and his shell moved! I screamed for Jimmy; he came running and picked up his shell and sure enough the little booger in there! It was an Easter Miracle!! We will never know what happened or where the little devil was (obviously he buried himself in the sand but we didn't find him); we are just glad he is home safe. I never thought I would get so attached to a crustacean!

Peace and love to all!!

M&J




No comments:

Post a Comment