Sunday, March 27, 2011

Today in Abu Dhabi

I am on my own today-Jimmy had to go to the office. I went to the mall and wandered around and got a few groceries. It's good to have some fresh fruit  to snack on. I won't go into detail but the cost is pretty comparable to home. I've seen more women in burquas than I thought I would. I wore a tye die skirt (goes to my knees) and a short sleeve t-shirt- no cover up and I was perfectly comfortable. Didn't feel out of place or stared at. I think I get more attention because of the blonde hair than anything else. The people are friendly and warm. Went through every channel at the villa we are staying in and we have 40 english channels! Not bad but I don't have a single news channel- thank goodness the Internet isn't too bad. Skype appears to be blocked-major downer; I really wanted to see my girls. I hope it isn't blocked in Dubai. Feels close to 90 degrees today but it is breezy so it isn't too bad. I feared the language barrier would be an issue but not so much. Almost everyone speaks english and are really friendly. Turns out learning the money is the hard part! I'm ok with the paper money but the coins are a challenge. Can't wait to get started looking for a place to call home. Hope all is well in Bamaland. I'll check in again soon- ya'll leave me comments and keep me updated. Peace, love and happiness!

3 comments:

  1. Totally jealous of you right now! It's sunday morning and Im getting ready to got o work. glad to hear your adjusting well, im sure you'll feel better once you have an apartment! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I talked to you I put on my big girl panties, sucked it up and faced the world head on. Overall not a bad day after all. Thanks for your kind words. Hope you have a great day! I love you, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi mommy!! finally got on here to read! wow, looks like you have been busy! see if you can gt on skype from jimmys ipad. i can use my ipod, so it should work!! of course you stand out for your blonde hair. glad that you dont feel too out of place. its sunday at 4:22, and oni and i would have usually already been to your house today! :( sad day knowing i cant get to u! but i love you and miss you so much. muah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete