Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lifes a Beach!

We drove back to Dubai today- it's an hour drive. Had a lovely lunch on The Walk and walked down to the beach. Atlantis Dubai is visible from the beach but was too far for my camera. Later we found a supermarket called Spinney's that has PORK! I didn't realize how much I missed ham and bacon. We came back to the villa in Abu Dhabi and made bacon and eggs for dinner- yum yum! Can't wait to get into our apartment and be able to cook dinner and settle in. It's bad enough not being with my babies and family, but living out of a suitcase just intensifies the feeling of being away from home. It will likely be Monday before we can move in-I must be patient. Jimmy is finally feeling better-thank goodness! Remember pull tabs on soda cans? Thats what they have here- so retro. Otherwise all is well. Hope all is well in Bamaland. PS - shout out to Carole- so glad you are following! And a special shout out to Jacob-  I miss my biking buddy! Peace love and happiness to all- J&M



Beach 31 Mar

Beach 31 Mar

Beach 31 Mar

Jimmy on the beach
Parasailing anyone?
Dudes about to paddle boat

4 comments:

  1. HE DID YOU CHECK THE DATES ON THE SOFT DRINKS TO MAKE SURE THEIR NOT FROM THE 70'S(LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Glad you found pork products haha, knew you couldn't go with out bacon for long! lovee youoooooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous. It looks beautiful. Glad to hear Jimmy is feeling better and you found bacon. Hopefully you'll get moved in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I absolutely loved the tour. I felt like I was right there with you or maybe at home watching Cribs on MTV. OK so I have to ask you one thing,,,, the mattresses looked lumpy. Was it big puffy ,comfy blankets or are there mattresses made of something else? hhhmmmm!!!!

    ReplyDelete