Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lazy Day

Today we drove into downtown Abu Dhabi and went to their big mall. UAE knows how to build malls! This one was large- 3 storys with two parellel shopways with stores on both sides of each walk way. It took us almost an hour to just walk end to end on all 3 floors and we still missed alot. The food courts are above average. The are McD's, Hardees, KFC's and Subways everywhere here but the other food court offerings are unique. Jimmy had Greek and said and it was better than he expected; I went to a different place and had grilled chicken and rice. It was good; a little dry but the seasoning was good. The portions are enough to feed two. Unfortunately Jimmy & I have very different preferences so splitting is not always and option. The cost for my food equaled about $11 with the drink. A little pricey for mall food court but like I said-it is way enough for two. If I have learned anything at all so far it is that the world truly is a small place. There were families, teens and regular folks just going about thier business; shopping, laughing, kids screaming. Just like you see in Madison Square Mall. We are all just people on this this planet; striving to be happy and live each day in peace. Very cool. Tomorrow is a big day- I hope. If all goes well we can do the walk through on the apartment and move in Monday. Otherwise it will be Tuesday. I am anxious to get settled. I am now able to Skype! I have Skyped with Tara 2x-seeing her face and hearing her voice was salve to my aching heart. Can't wait to see my Angel and my Baby and my mom. Take care of yourselves and each other. I love you all so very much. J&M

No comments:

Post a Comment