Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Balcony!

When Jimmy came home from work this afternoon we went to Ace Hardware and bought a new table and chairs for the balcony. It is a gorgeous set made of teak wood with four chairs. We only have room for the table and two chairs on the balcony and it is cosy but it is the perfect set. I orginally wanted bar height but the standard height is actually much better. We even got a plant for the table. We came home and I got my pedicure (happy toes!) while he had to bring everything up by himself. He had it all set up by the time I got back. We enjoyed a lovely dinner of hamburgers and a wonderful pasta salad I bought at the nearby grocery store this morning. The beef was from Ireland and is strictly grass fed and completely natural. The meat is so lean with almost zero fat- best burger ever! We even had candlelight! It was divine to sit outside and enjoy our meal while watching the activity on the beach and along The Walk. Life is good (except for missing my family and my precious babies).

New table and chairs on the balcony. The grill is in the background. Yes, that is the beach we look over every day!

I am standing in the doorway leading to the balcony. There is plenty of room to walk between the table and the sliding doors leading to the spare bedroom but not enough space for the two other chairs. Love the plant!



Our first balcony dinner. Yummy hamburgers with all the trimmings, wonderful pasta salad and even candle light!

Another pic of our dinner table.

3 comments:

  1. SO COOL!!!!! LOVE the table!!!! you made my mouth water! food looks yummy!! i want to visit, NOW!! can we work on that? i called ash yesterday to see if we could get a day/time to get passports, no answer, will have to call her again! work is crazy here.. doing great though. knology came out and installed internet this morning, RUDE boys. RUDE. uhh. school is great, looking forward to training in dallas for a week. Oni has a lifevest now. she took a turn to sharply in brandon's dad's pool, so the next day i went to petsmart and bought her a lifevest. you should see her! OH MY GOSH so cute. wish i could bring her to dubai, that would be great! i love love love and miss miss miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool mom! I dont know if you could tell but when you skyed me the other day I was in a quiet study area so I couldn't talk, but I was trying to use the chat thing, but i dont think you noticed? anyways staying VERY busy with school. the ponies are just as lazy as ever. miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm loving the blog. Looks like you are having a wonderful time and things are finally coming along with the apt. How cool is that. I'm looking at that grill. Is that a weber? I've been putting off getting an electric grill for the apt cause I just don't know how well it will work. You'll have to let me know what you think about it and the model. So happy for you two. Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete