Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Evening Cocktail

Anyone who knows me knows I thoroughly enjoy my evening cocktail. There is something about having a bit of a libation at the end of the day that just makes it complete. Like a ribbin on a gift; and every day is a gift. Some people meet with friends or coworkers after the days work and rehash the days events, the news of the day or thier own personal trials. Sometimes in revelry and bouisterous conversation while the beers flow; sometimes to support one another when hard times overwhelm. Good times and bad you can always count on the usual crowd and familiar faces at the local watering hole. Other people prefer to unwind from the days events in peace and quiet; in thier own home or other peaceful oasis. Those people find solace, and even comfort, in their own aloneness. 

When we decided to move to Dubai I quickly researched the alcohol laws. Absolutey do not drink and drive or appear drunk in public at all. You will be hard pressed to find an independant bar or pub in Dubai. But fear not, most hotels have bars and some have pretty impressive dancing facilities. Living on The Walk, across the street from the Hilton, with several more hotels easily within walking distance, means I can have a cocktail in that atmosphere at will. I, however, prefer to mix my own cocktail in the comfort of my own home. I have become quite proficient at making the perfect Cosmo; my drink of choice. If you choose to imbibe in Dubai I would highly recommend you buy as much alcohol as you can carry, or as much as they will allow in duty free at the airport. It is affordable and will be "ready when you are" after you arrive. Fortunately Jimmy has obtained a liqour liscence so we can purchase alcohol as needed.

So here we are a month after arrival, enjoying a lovely cocktail while enoying the view of the passers by along The Walk from our balcony. Life is good in Dubai. Love you all in Bamaland and other places! J&M

1 comment:

  1. a cosmo sounds good about now! been studying ALL day and there is no end in sight to the books covering my bed. After my last final Im going to find the nearest water hole and drink till im blind.

    have an appointment to get immunizations and more contacts before leaving for Panama! check your e-mail, I sent you one about tuition and stuff

    weather has been terrible here all day! sirens have been on and off for hours now, and Dara hasn't had power for about 5 hours. Everything is fine in five point, just very very stormy!

    Love and Miss you!!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete