Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Best Day!!

As I said earlier we have really had to overcome some pretty difficult challenges to get moved into our apartment. Today was a major success! When we got to the apartment the utilites and water were still not on and the access cards didn't work tolet us into our building. Not a good start however through much diliengence and patience we were able to get banking established, get utilities and water turned on, get our access cards to work, get an appointment for our cable, phone and Internet connections, have our FedEx boxes delivered tomorrow at noon and even set up an account to have laundry delivered and picked up to our door. We celebrated by having the best chinese food sitting outside on The Walk. The weather was perfect, the food was great and the atmosphere is unbelievable. After dinner we walked a short way and found a supermarket that has everything we need- even PORK and CIGARETTES (not our brands but hey, we can adjust)! We will have bacon and eggs and coffee for our first breakfast and have our leftover chinese for lunch. I will spend the day CLEANING- the apartment has been empty for awhile and desperately needs a major cleaning. Jimmy can unpack the boxes and get everything put away and organized. Things are finally going our way! Oh, we are using someone elses Internet connection so I am very happy to feel "connected"! Jimmy and I feel so blessed and fortunate. It has been a struggle but we hung in there and it has been so worth it. I hope everyone in Bamaland is doing well. Shout out to Diane and John-great to hear from ya'll and we hope you come to visit us! Jacob- you would love the beach here- I think of you often; thanks for your sweet comments. Off to bed- I'm exhausted and have a big day ahead of me tomorrow. Much love to my precious babies and my family- I hope we can Skype more soon. Miss you much. We love you- J&M

1 comment:

  1. hey! glad thing finally went well! sounds like gettign our passport stuff sent off! many road blocks but me and oma stuck it out and they should be processing! So im pretty much officially going to Panama! dropping off a small deposit today and scheduling vaccinations and stuff! Way excited! Will be living with a host family, and doing research all summer! SOOOO excited! Glad to hear things are going well love you !!!!

    ReplyDelete