Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Staying Busy

So cool to see my mom is now a follower! Thanks girls for hooking her up. Today Jimmy is at the office and I am home alone. Shout out to Christie for the music she burned for me- thanks so much sistah! Laundry is very different here. We bought a top of the line washer dryer - it is one unit that does both. The washing part is ok- must be VERY careful because the water is so hot it will run your colors in a nano second. The drying part takes quite a while. I can't complain though- it is better than what we had when we first moved in and it does a good job- just a little slower; like everything else in Dubai! I'm going to get a pedicure later- there is a full service salon in my building downstairs. The price for a pedi is 80 AED = $21.78. Not too bad. The pool for my building is very nice- water is temperate but no real deep end. Need to do some laps and keep exercising! We actually found an Ace Hardware store and bought a grill yesterday so Jimmy will grill for us when he gets home. There are a couple of grocery stores very near my building so picking up a few things for the day is easy and we always have fresh meats, fruits, veggies and bread. They also sell cigarettes for appr. $21.00 carton! They have Jimmys brand but not mine however I found a brand very close and for that price I am happy! We bought a little cart with wheels so we can bring our shopping items home; it's so cool. Well- off to get somethings for dinner, swim some laps and get my pedi. Hope all is well in Bamaland- I love you and miss you! M

No comments:

Post a Comment